ARE YOU READY TO:
Develop Your Vocal Tone
Increase Your Vocal Range
Sing With Power & Control
Sing Freely Through Your Registers
Build Confidence In Your Abilities
Deliver Your Songs With Emotion
HAVE A LOOK AT WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
PART ONE: YOUR VOCAL TONE
Building a strong singing foundation that will last you a lifetime
- Discover how your body works when you sing and learn to tap into the key muscle groups that you MUST develop to sing well.
- Eliminate pitch problems by mastering breath control.
- Learn how to use your breath to support your notes and gain power.
- Discover how to hold your notes for longer and never feel like you 'don't have enough breath' again!
Warming up effectively for high performance singing and fast-tracking your results
- Get rid of vocal cracking and sore throats by warming up the right way.
- Ensure your voice stays healthy, safe from injury.
- No more phlegm! Discover the best food and drink for your voice and which things you should avoid at all costs.
- Bonus material: Practice Hacks – How to make your practice so effective you advance rapidly and see results, fast.
Massively expand your vocal range by removing vocal tension for good and making vocal breaks a thing of the past.
- Discover your vocal range and find your 'Magic Zone' – the most beautiful range of your voice.
- Learn to use both your head and chest voice notes and switch between the two with more control.
- How to sing through vocal breaks - sing from low to high without gaps or sounding clunky.
- Get rid of vocal tension - how to sing effortlessly through your range without your notes getting 'stuck' in your throat.
- Expand your vocal range and sing both lower and higher notes.
The few small adjustments that make a HUGE difference to your vocal tone.
- Gain control over the strength of your notes.
- Develop a beautiful vocal tone through resonance exercises.
- Get rid of nasal tone! Discover why some people sound nasal and others don’t and what you can do to keep your tone sounding clear and open.
- What the heck ‘Vocal Placement’ is and how you can use it to get great sounding notes, every time you sing.
Oh yeah! It’s time to hit those power notes baby!
- How to achieve healthy belt notes (even if you're not a natural belter.)
- How to sing high head voice notes.
- High and belt note strengthening plus my secret Power Hacks!
- Bonus material: Troubleshooting – Fixing flat singing.
PART TWO: SONG DELIVERY
Polishing up the edges of your singing to give you that professional sound.
- Get LASER focused pitch accuracy.
- Break through the one bad singing habit that 90% of singers have (but don’t realise it) which can make you sound 100% better instantly if you fix.
- Ear training for singers - Unlock your musical ears to rapidly improve your pitch and be able to sing more advanced songs.
- How to nail interval jumps, riffs and fast runs.
How to pull off advanced singing techniques that make you sound AWESOME!
- All about vibrato. How to get it, how to control it, when to use it.
- Glottal stops and all things Pop!
- Jazz and blues specific techniques - Vocal slides, fall offs and adding pizzazz!
- Scatting and improvisation.
- Unlocking the secrets of the stars – Why your favourite singers sound the way they do and how to learn from them to find your own unique voice.
How to deliver your songs in a way that will have your audience hanging onto your every word.
- The A to Z of Phrasing – everything you ever needed to know.
- Using dynamics to sound polished and professional.
- Microphone technique.
- How to connect to your audience on a deep level and gain fans who love what you do.
SO, HOW DOES IT ALL WORK?
8 WEEKS OF LESSONS, DELIVERED WEEKLY
SUPPORT IN THE SINGER'S SECRET COMMUNITY
SING-ALONG VIDEO TUTORIALS
VOCAL ASSESSMENTS TO CHECK YOUR PROGRESS
DOWNLOADABLE AUDIO TRACKS
ACCESS TO THE ACADEMY FOR A FULL YEAR
"I am so thankful I found Nicola's Singing Academy. Nicola is lovely, a great mentor and it’s clear that she’s really passionate about helping other people improve their singing ability and achieve their dreams.
The course is informative, fun and it’s helped me improve my singing and technique so much. Already from the first week, I had started to see improvements in my vocal tone and breathing.
It also really helped me with vocal consistency and understanding the very basics of how singing actually works. It’s so rewarding to feel and hear the difference in your voice as you complete and implement the information and techniques from each section of the program. The course’s content is so useful and suitable for people at different levels.
If you’re a beginner, you can start from, and learn about the very foundations of singing, how to achieve the sound you want and grasp all the advanced techniques you’ve always dreamed of learning, whereas if you’re a more experienced singer, the course helps you get back to the basics of singing, helps you correct any bad habits you may have developed and gives you a deeper understanding of the technicalities of your voice that really gives you that backing knowledge and the confidence to start getting yourself out there.
I would definitely recommend this course to anyone wanting to pursue a career in music."
VANESSA GREENE - Singer
WHAT OTHER STUDENTS ARE SAYING
"Nicola Milan's course is simply fantastic. I've tried other online singing courses and this has been the best by far. Each week is full of great advice and exercises not only for starting singers, but also for singers like myself who've sung with bad habits for a long time.
Nicola's videos are fun to watch but also get right to the good stuff - actionable concepts and exercises that work. I got more useful information and vocal improvement from this course than those other, sprawling, impossible-to-finish courses. I can't wait for Nicola's next one!" - John Kyle
"Nicola is passionate about helping people get where they want to go in singing. Whether you want to join a band, sing at open mic nights or become a professional singer, her knowledge, commitment and drive to have her students succeed will get you there." - Margaret Smith - Folk Singer
“The course is really well designed and very helpful for singers and students of singing wishing to learn the fundamental and important aspects of singing and performing. Nicola places her emphasis on how correct breathing, articulation and intonation will push forward a singer’s development and believes these important areas are where dramatic improvement in singing can be made quickly. I found her course really very helpful.”
- Kelvin Robertson
"Nicola Milan's Singing Academy has been the answer to a prayer.
I've learnt so much about my voice and placing. I can now listen to my favourite singers with a different ear and know how they are producing their sound.
Nicola is helpful, personable and ads the right amount of humour to the course to make it fun as well as informative." Donna Rae Walls - Country & gospel singer
Donna Stallings - Jazz Singer
Dear Miss Nicola....
What I appreciate are your solid insights about improving tone, breathing & vocal technique---but also the very effective focus on the "inner game" of performing...
For instance, how to perform if I have a cold...what to drink, what to avoid before performing.
These are great pointers---and along with the variety of warm ups & other video instruction segments, they show your true experience as a pro Singer...and someone who can do what she's talking about.
You have a sincere and fun presence in the training videos---not afraid to show your humility and this makes your teaching even more effective.
The course continues to give me a rich "library" of material to review, to refine and to blend into my more confident path as an entertainer.
Who knew that an on line course could offer this variety of training?
You surely Rock, Miss Milan.
Best from your Hawaii fan...Forrest
Have questions? Email email@example.com and I'll be happy to help.
"Forget the need of a local teacher or a performance school if you are ready to become a singer. This eight week intensive online course at Singer´s Secret Academy has offered me more information than I could ever get in six months of academic learning.
Besides Nicola seems to live music 24/7 and that makes a course that goes beyond singing and gives you tools to become a real performer."
Giuliano Laurenza - Singer/ Songwriter
"For the last several years I have been toying with playing professionally in live venues but felt that my voice lacked the range and strength to perform in-front-of an audience.
This affected my confidence and prevented me from attempting. I did try a few open mikes and felt I failed miserably. This added to my anxiety and fear. But that has all changed.
The Singers Secret Academy with Nicola Milan has been a godsend. Within a short period I have almost doubled my vocal range, and improved my vocal strength and confidence.
Now I believe I can put on a quality performance. This course allowed me to reactivate my goals of playing with the confidence I feel need to be able to enjoy and share.
I highly recommend this course, for those wishing to do the same."
- Paul Ferguson - Big Band Swing Singer
Backed By My Risk Free Guarantee
I am so confident that you’ll love what you learn inside The Singer’s Secret Academy that the program comes with a three week quality guarantee. Feel free to enjoy up to and including week three of the course and if you’re not 100% completely happy with the material, I’ll refund your money.
Note: If for some reason you do request a refund you will be required to fill out a refund form which will help me ensure I am providing the highest quality courses possible. Your feedback is important to me!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Do online singing lessons actually work? Isn't singing at a regular lesson with a teacher better?
A: Online singing lessons absolutely do work! Many of my students have had some amazing results to prove it, but here's the thing; when you go to a regular singing lesson you usually find your teacher by word of mouth or you see an ad somewhere online.
So you rock up, not knowing how good your teacher is, whether they are experienced, what their teaching style is or whether you're going to get results.
You shell out between $60-$200 EVERY LESSON and what usually happens 90% of the time is that sure, you end up having fun and you get all enthusiastic and feel like you're moving forward but after a couple of months you plateau and don't feel like you're improving anymore.
You've spent a good $1000 or more on lessons by this stage and now you can't get past some 'vocal blocks' like vocal tension, or a big vocal break or you can't sing any higher. In fact, after spending all that cash on private lessons, all you've developed are bad vocal habits. Why? Because your teacher probably wasn't experienced, hasn't trained professionally and hasn't taught you correctly. I see it happen ALL THE TIME.
In fact, this happened to me. I spent thousands of dollars on singing lessons over the years and out of all the teachers I tried, only two were halfway decent and even those two were only good at teaching song delivery. They didn't know anything about the physiology of how your voice actually works and weren't able to help me work through basic problems like my vocal break.
I literally had to figure this stuff out on my own, and it took YEARS.
Learning to sing online inside my Singing Academy will arm you with the knowledge about how your voice actually works which will do two things:
- You will understand why you have developed vocal blocks and what you need to do to move through them. You'll never be 'singing blind' again.
- If you do decide to work with a private singing teacher at the same time as the Academy, it will make your lessons so much more effective because you'll know the hard-core basics of singing (i.e how your instrument works) and you'll be able to spend your lessons polishing songs up with them. We learn all of this inside the Academy as well of course.
Q: How will I know if I'm doing the exercises correctly?
A: In the video tutorials I give you examples of both 'the right way' and 'the wrong way' and I'll explain how it FEELS when you are singing correctly. I also provide trouble-shooting videos, particularly in Week 5 when we move into Belt Singing.
You also have the option of having a Vocal Assessment. I will listen to your singing and send you a detailed report on exactly what you're doing right and wrong and I'll give you exercises to move forward. Students have said that even though they knew what they were doing wrong, from learning how in the Academy, the Vocal Assessment gave them peace of mind that they were on the right track.
Q: I don't have time right now to focus on singing, as much as I'd like to. Will I fall behind in the material and miss out?
A: You get access to the Academy for a full year so if life gets in the way and you don't have time to do your singing practice then you can take a break and come back to the material when you have time.
In fact 10 minutes a day is all you need to start seeing a huge improvement in your singing. That's as long as it takes to:
- Flick through the TV channels to find something to watch
- Check out what your friends are doing on social media
- Watch one or two videos on YouTube
- Brush and floss your teeth
If you can spare 10 minutes a day then you can work towards finally getting the voice you've always wanted. Of course many of my students end up singing for a lot longer because they enjoy it so much (and the better you get at something, the more you want to do it!) but if you're time poor, then you can get amazing results with just 10 minutes a day.
Q: How do the vocal assessments work exactly?
A: At the end of Week Four of the Academy, I'll send you an email to let you know its Vocal Assessment time. We do them in Week Four so you can take the feedback I give you and apply it to the rest of the Academy. Its the fastest way to improve and make sure you're on the right track!
You'll send me a link of your singing (it doesn't have to be professional and an iPhone is fine) and then I'll send you a detailed email explaining what is happening with your voice and where I can hear areas for improvement.
The Vocal Assessments take me around 30-40 minutes to prepare, so a lot of love goes into them!
Please note, that your Assessments are TIME SENSITIVE however. This means that, although you have a year to complete the Academy, you will need to send me your Vocal Assessment before Week Six of the Academy starts. This is so you can get the maximum benefit of receiving instruction as you learn but also so I can keep up with the demands of doing the Assessments on my time. Its something I feel is highly valuable to you and so I want to be able to continue to offer them, but there's only one of me so this time sensitivity helps me cope with the workload. 🙂
Q: I'd like to do the lessons but I just can't afford it. Won't I get as much benefit from your free YouTube singing videos?
A: Inside the Academy we go deep into aspects of singing that I only touch on in my YouTube videos. This is because learning how to sing is a process and I show you a step-by-step method to relaxing your muscles and unlocking your voice.
If you are serious about improving your voice then investing in yourself is the fastest way to get to where you want to be as a singer. Doing it alone often results in forming bad vocal habits and sets you back years, so it makes sense to get the correct instruction from the start.
The Academy is the fraction of the cost of regular singing lessons and there are weekly payment plans available as well. Its a tiny investment in yourself and you deserve to have the voice you've always wanted.
Q: I sing pop/rock/country etc... can I still learn from your lessons?
A: The principles of singing are the same, no matter what style of music you like to sing and we spend the first 5 weeks of the Academy developing your voice. These 5 weeks are not genre specific - so yes, you can definitely learn from me even if you sing a different genre.
From week 6 we move into Song Delivery and this is where we start getting into more of the jazz/ blues/ folk based technique. However, because these three genres require more technical know-how like advanced phrasing and improvisation, etc.. learning these things is only going to make you a better singer.
Many pop singers don't know how to change up the original melody and end up singing their songs the exact same way every-single-time (yawn) so it will help you to expand your versatility as a singer to learn these techniques.